Crossover Roleplay Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC X Yubel

4 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

MC X Yubel - Page 12 Empty Re: MC X Yubel

Post by gcar90 Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Fang: "Okay."

---

Leona: "you'll be fine. D-do you want to... now?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Yubel:
"only when you want to." I'm as nervous as her

---

Haou:
"good, then let's get started. hm, imagine you were fencing and performed a" he names a move where you turn around your axis one time. "the crux of that move is, as you probably know, that you can spread your arms or lie them close to your body. that way you can variate the speed, even while you are already spinning. that way you can quite effectively dodge and attack. I'd like you to explain to me why that is"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Blurb : ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Leona:  "I think I want to.  I know you won't hurt me. Maybe we should just cuddle, first. I don't want to have kittens until after I'm done with school."

---

Fang:  Listens intently, this time getting it and responding accordingly.

(Up until my last year of Jr. High, I did really well in math, then starting 8th on up, math started getting really hard for me.  Things were advancing far beyond my level of understanding, and teachers kept passing me on to the next grade level, regardless if I understood the lessons being taught.  Like we'd study Algebra, and I'd be totally clueless about the formulas and figuring out the problems, but at the end of the school year, I'd be moved on to the next level of the course, without understanding the first level.  Probably the only upper level mathematics course I understood was Geometry.  Got straight Bs in Geometry, with is above average level of understanding, while in Algebra I got straight Ds and Cs, with is just barely passing the course.)
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 am

Yubel:
I just nod, still nervous about all this ~Calico, what are you doing?~

---

Haou nods "yes, that's correct. when you spread your arms your hands need to move a much longer way and for a longer way you need more time. and you figured it out yourself. well done" I hesitate but then groom my sibling again, not long, just a minute. "hm, another important thing is force. do you remember what the teacher told you about force?"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 am

Fang: "I don't remember about Force. I might have been asleep at the time."

---

Leona: I snuggle into Yubel's lap, curling up, comfortable.
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 am

Yubel:
I stroke my little kitty behind her ears. ~I can't believe all this~

---

Haou:
"mh, and you wonder why you are bad at school?" I suppress a you are stupid and go back to explaining. "okay, when we are talking about force, we are talking about acceleration and mass. what's acceleration? acceleration is the change of speed. hm, for example..." he starts drawing a few graphs which all look totally complicated, because apparently there is some kind of connection between those lines.
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 am

Fang: "I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway." I forget about answering the question about acceleration, I'm more curious about the graphs Haou is drawing. I try to peer over his shoulder. "What are you drawing?"

---

Leona: Purrs on Yubel's lap.
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 am

Haou:
I raise an eyebrow ~he is interested in this?~ "these are diagrams." I show him a graph with s(t)=t "this is a diagram for speed. you see, when I do this:" I smack the air in front of his face "you can't really take a picture of the movement. you'd have to record it with a camera and play it over and over again to see the speed. that's too unhandy. that's why we use graphs in nearly every situation. Of cause that curve alone won't tell us what it is about. that's why we have those two coordinate axis. you see, next to this one it says "t in s". "t" stand for "tempus". that's Latin for time. "s" stands for "second" in this case. So, what's that axis supposed to mean? well here" he points on the 1-Marker on the t-axis "it says one. now let's have a look at the unit of this axis. aha, "in s" that means in seconds, so this marker shows "one second". this other axis shows the way that an object moved. look, after 0 seconds, the object didn't move at all. and after one second it moved 10 cm." he points at two big crosses on the paper, one at (0|0), the other at (1|10). "why do we need such a complicated curve to say that? well: let's say we wanted to know how far it moved after halve a second. then we can go to 0,5 on the time axis and look at the hight we have on the way axis. then we will see..." he measures with a ruler "5 cm. with such a graph we can easily determine how far something moved in a certain time. but they also have another advantage. you see, this graph shows us how far something moved in a certain time. that's what we call speed. when I move a long distance in a short time, I am fast, when I need a lot of time for the same distance, I was slow. but it could also be that I first move slowly and then run really fast. hm, yes, let's say I moved slowly at first and then fast." I draw another curve, this time s(t)=t² "you see, here:" I point at the part of the curve at the beginning. "here, three seconds have passed, because we are at the three marker, but I only moved one meter. and here a bit later, another second passed, but in that time I moved three meters. So first I was slow and then I was fast." I get another sheet and write "first I was slow, then I was fast" on it. "and now here is the advantage of curves. when I give you this note, you have to rad the whole sentence. when I show you the curve, you can, with some practice, instantly see at which time I moved how far." he pauses to let the words take their effect.
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 am

Yubel: "it really doesn't feel strange to you to do this with your father?"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:26 am

Leona: "No. It feels fine."

---

Fang: Nods, listening to everything. "How come our tutors didn't do this with us? I might have stayed awake if there were pictures like these to look at."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:43 am

Haou grins "because they think you are stupid. no, sorry, I didn't mean that. look, they try to teach us everything veeery slowly, so that everyone gets it. They think understanding those curves was too complicated for students. that's why they only give us formula which we have to learn by heart. but you are way too smart for that, that's why you fall asleep. I'll tell you a secret. non of the student's really understands what they do. but you will. and then, when you understood it, you will be the smartest of them all. you just need time to blossom. and a good gardener."

Yubel:
"hm, okay" I keep stroking her.
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 am

Fang: "I'm tired of feeling stupid. Keep teaching, Haou. You're good at it."

---

Leona: Kisses Yubel.
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:12 am

Yubel:
I try to enjoy it and kiss back ~maybe I can get used to it. at least it makes her happy~

Haou:
"you are good at listening. all the other students are always loud. let's get back to the topic. sometimes the speed changes. for example in that example. first I was slow, then fast. the change of speed is called acceleration." and so he explains acceleration, also with examples and graphs. "also not, that a constant acceleration still causes a curved speed. a constant acceleration means you constantly increase in speed. but you could also, for example, increase your speed one time really fast and then keep that speed" he shows all this with graphs.
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am

Fang: "It's cause I don't like any of the other students. They always tease me because I'm not as smart as they are." I watch and study each graph that Haou shows me.

---

Leona: "Do you want to go somewhere more private?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am

(I thought Yubel and Leona already were in the bedroom^^)

Yubel: "if we continue this, we probably should"

Haou: "now, would you rather learn more about curves, or go to forces?"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

(CoughMaturethreadscough)

Leona: "I think we should."

---

Fang: "Either or, both are interesting to me, now."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 am

(sorry, I couldn't hear you over all that coughing)

Haou:
my scary yellow eyes sparkle "I think we should rather go to forces." I purr into its ear "and then we can get to fencing." normal voice again: "so. force: force is urm, force is accelerating a mass. accelerating something light doesn't need as much force as accelerating something heavy. here" he gives him a light metal ball and a heavy metal ball "lie both in front of you and roll them. roll both so that they have the same speed. at the moment they have both 0 speed. and when you accelerate them to the same speed, you gave both the same acceleration. but you will need more force for the heavy one."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 am

Fang: plays with the balls. "I see. continue."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:27 pm

(gcar, this isn't the mature section)

Haou: "now it's time for some boring calculation exercises. they will give you a better feeling for forces and also for moments of torque. and with that a better feeling in forces, rotation, acceleration and so on, your fencing will improve."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:44 pm

(Different balls. XD)

Fang: Whines. "Aww, do we have to..."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

"I'm afraid we have to, yes. hm, but maybe... I have an idea. I won't tell you the formula. I'll let you do experiments and you have to figure it out yourself."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Fang: "Okay."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Haou:
I prepare a teeter-totter (you have strange words) on which you can easily hang weights. I also give him some weights "have fun playing, little sibling"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:27 pm

(See-saw would have worked too.)

Fang: I toss the different weights on the see-saw, and watch the results. "Fascinating. How come school is fun when you do it, Haou?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:50 am

Haou:
"because unlike the teachers, I understood what I am teaching. but we will come to that in the philosophy lessons in the afternoon." I get two weights, the heaviest and the lightest. I hang the lightest on one side, as far away from the middle as possible, the heaviest as close to it as possible. the scales are even. I point at it and say "explain this"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next