Crossover Roleplay Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renes

4 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Renes - Page 17 Empty Re: Renes

Post by gcar90 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 pm

(Thank you.)
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

"Rene, why are you acting like you were asleep?"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Blurb : ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Rene: The other's voice awakens him, again. He doesn't want to be here, or with him, anymore, let alone talk to him. He stays silent, crying softly.
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:21 am

I hear the crying and sit up. "Rene? you are crying. What's the matter?" I start brainstorming what I did wrong in the last few days. "I- I'm sorry. it won't happen again. I won't go to school until I'm ready. and I really don't care that much about your body. If you'd rather be a girl, that's totally okay, I... I love your body the way it is, but when you don't, you should change it. you'd still be the same person, why should I stop loving you? Oh Rene, I made you feel horrible since I entered your life, didn't I? ... maybe I should leave?"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Rene: "I just want my sweet boyfriend back. The one I met that first day. Not some stranger that gets upset at everyone for no reason other than having a different opinion of you."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:38 am

I roll on my back and look at the ceiling. I'm silent for a few minutes and think about what she said. actually I haven't changed that much. when she called me a girl that day, I yelled at her just like I'd yell at everyone else. And Mr. Note totally deserved that! but yet again, she didn't know all that and yet she trusted me enough to let me stay in her home and I abused that trust and made her cry despite all her generosity and love. finally I speak.
"yes. I understand what you mean. you are right, I am, well, quite an asshole most of the time. But for you I will change. I'll learn to control my frustration and I'll learn to be as sweet as you deserve it."

(that's why you don't let someone live with you after one day)
(may I ask that question now?)
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Rene: "You say you'll change, but will you?"

(Rene's seeing that now.)
(Sure go ahead with your question.)
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:44 pm

(so the teacher didn't give Rene detention because he wasn't paying attention, but in order to show "I'm the boss, you do as I say!"? that's how it sounded like to me.)

"I will do my best. maybe I won't a new man tomorrow, maybe not the day after tomorrow, but more and more every day until I am who you deserve. and what you deserve is the best."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

(No. The teacher saw Rene's attention wavering, so he gave Rene the detention just to talk to him for a few minutes, after class to let him know about it. That's all the teacher wanted, was to talk. The detention in reality, would have lasted all of 5 minutes, had Rene not gone so over the top, stubborn and aggressive about it. If Rene had not said anything, upon receiving the slip, the class could have gone on calmly and quietly, then after class the teacher would have said, "try to stay focused in class." If Rene had a counter-argument, "I was." The teacher would have said "Okay and you can go." It only went as long as it did because Rene was being so obstinate and disrespectful to the teacher.)

Rene: "I... just don't know anymore. If you had another place to go, that wasn't with horrible people, I would put you out. But you don't and I don't want to be mean and I don't know what to do, anymore."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:07 pm

(ohh, so when you just want to talk to someone for 5 minutes, that's called detention? I thought that was called a "I'd like to have a word with you after class. That's mean, I didn't know that. I thought at least one hour of penalty awaited him, that's why I had him react that way. If I knew a detention can also be 5 minutes, everything would have been different. but Rene wasn't aggressive about it.
The teacher asked him a question to see if Rene paid attention. Rene answered it wrong, so Mr. Note assumed Rene was sleeping, so Rene in a perfectly tranquil and calm voice explained why he answered the question wrong and that a detention was not appropriate. and when the teacher send him to the principle, he made a short argument, okay, but then he quietly left the room and when he came back, he was also quiet. he was never aggressive until after class.

anyway, so all this argument was only because of my lack of knowledge. If I would have known "you have detention" means the same as "may I talk with you for 5 minutes" everything would have been different. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
edit: I choose laugh)

"if you want me to leave, I'll leave. I'll find a place. you don't have to bear me."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 pm

(It all depends on the teacher. Yes, detention can be waiting a long time after class as a penalty, but in this case, it was Mr. Note's way of saying I'd like to talk to you. I've had teachers do that to me in class, before, I've also had teachers give me a punishment by holding me after class. Had Rene been passive and accepted the detention, he would have known that. Everyone around Rene was telling him to relax and that it wasn't a big deal, Rene was too stubborn to listen. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but Rene made it into a big deal, and it got bigger and bigger the more Rene kept going on about it.
Looking back in hindsight, I suppose the misunderstanding was done right. Mr. Note didn't think what he was doing was that big of a deal, he just wanted to talk to Rene. Rene thought he was being picked on for no reason.
There's a certain irony in Rene going at it with the Music teacher, though. I went at it with a music teacher once. The teacher was being completely unfair, at the time, but I was powerless to do anything about it.
My teacher, Ms. Brown, was also in charge of setting up special things around holidays and such, like plays and pageants and such. So sometimes she'd bring a music class with her to have a study period in the gym, while she set up the pageants, or whatever.
So, Ms. Brown takes my class to have a study period in the gym, while she's setting up for whatever program was going on. Her instructions to the class. "Be quiet and sit down." I understood these instructions, I followed those directions. I just sat a little ways away from my class, because well, I didn't care for the other kids in my class, as I was often bullied by them. So I sat a little ways away from my class, I had no homework but I was still quiet, watching as Ms. Brown, set up the thing.
All of a sudden, in the middle of setting up the program, Ms. Brown turns to me, clearly, unhappy about something I was doing, which was nothing. She calls out loud enough for everyone to hear. "GCAR! GO TO THE BAND ROOM!"
Of course, I'm confused as hell, I ask. "What'd I do?"
Ms. Brown wasn't hearing an argument. "JUST GO TO THE BAND ROOM!! NOW!"
I shrugged, picked up my things, and quietly went to the band room. When I arrived in the band room, the Band teacher asked me why I was there. I was honest, I said. "I don't know. Ms. Brown just sent me here." The band teacher, went along with it, even though he was as confused as I was. He told me to sit at the back of the room and be quiet. I did so, winding up watching band practice instead of the pageant being set up. To this day, I have no clue why Ms. Brown sent me to the band room way back then. It was a weird confusing day. Now, I just laugh when thinking back on it.)

Rene: "But if I force you to leave, I would be no better than the bullies that picked on you."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

(I only knew detention as several hours of punishment, probably not even allowed to do homework. I never heard of it as a little word after class. I just didn't know it even could have that meaning. That's why obviously Rene also thought he had to stay for hours after class and that's why he, perfectly calm and not aggressive or stubborn, said that an hour of punishment was too much a punishment for someone who wasn't guilty of anything. the whole process took maybe 2 minutes. he reacted 100% like I would have reacted, due to my ignorance. I'd be lost in an American school, I suppose.

"of cause you would. You need to be happy as well. I can't just invade your life and ruin it. you don't have to let me stay"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:03 pm

(Detention can have different meanings depending upon the teacher issuing it. Different teachers can have different methods. It's a simple matter of observing a teacher to know about how they do things before jumping at something that is really nothing.
Good gravy you are taking me back YEARS. I came VERY close to spending a month as an American exchange student to a GERMAN school. At the last minute, my trip was canceled, due to my bipolar symptoms beginning to manifest themselves. I wound up sabotaging myself into not getting to go.)

Rene: "If only we had a bigger place, where each of us could have a room of our own. Then you wouldn't have to leave, you could just go into your room or I could just go into my room, if either of us wanted to be away from the other."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebilfluffykitty Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:04 pm

(Probably it was used as a subtle way to get him to stay after class for a few minutes so as not to embarrass him by saying "I'd like to see you after class")
Ebilfluffykitty
Ebilfluffykitty
Game Master
Game Master

Blurb : Boredom+Sugar = A Very Crazy Ebilkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Ebilfluffykitty wrote:(Probably it was used as a subtle way to get him to stay after class for a few minutes so as not to embarrass him by saying "I'd like to see you after class")
(Exactly.)
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:15 pm

(I find receiving detention in the middle of everyone a whole lot more embarrassing. gee, things are so different.)
(I looked it up in the dictionary. there it says
detention:
Arrest, Inhaftierung, Festnahme and that kind of stuff. mostly words for being hold in jail. also being hold as a punishment after class or holding an item. none of it sounds like "may I have a quick word with you?". If Rene's player would have known that a) detention is the everyday life of an American student and b) detention is a 5 minute chit-chat, than all of this wouldn't have happened. but Rene really wasn't stubborn in class. after class, yes, then he was angry. he paid attention and received a several hour punishment for not knowing something he couldn't know. and when he respectfully explained everything, he was send to the principle.)

Rene:
"I'll sleep in the bathroom tonight, don't worry."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 pm

(I know in some cases, teachers are handed a stack of detention slips, with no real need to use them, so some teachers use them as scratch paper in order to let students know that they would like to see them after class.  Again, I've had that done to me, on more than one occasion.  Just because the slip says "detention" on it, doesn't mean that that's what it's for.  Each teacher is different.  I know.  I moved around a LOT as a kid, I met a LOT of different teachers.)

Rene:  "No, stay in bed.  We'll go apartment hunting this weekend.  Since we're both working together, paying rent and stuff, we might be able to find something bigger to suit our needs."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:45 pm

(what is the slip for? isn't the word enough?)
(I still find it so frustrating that I want to laugh: all of this, just because the player doesn't know something. well, we can easily say Rene was at a German school earlier. it is a crossover world after all.)

Rene:
"you don't have to pay more because of me. I'm fine with the bathroom." I get up and leave the bed.
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

(I look at it like this, you're the one that had me control the teachers and the principal and because I only know American Schools, that's the system and the kinds of teachers I ran with. If you want, you're more than welcome to control some of the other teachers and run them how they would be in a German school. We've established that the Principal and Music teacher are from an American school system, how about the other teachers be from a German school system and you run them? Does that work?)
(A lot of teachers don't use the slip for that, regardless of the word on it.)

Rene: I reach out to try to grab the other to stop him, but stop myself. "Do what you want. I wouldn't be paying more. We'd be room mates, each responsible for our own share. Rent, chores, things like that. Don't you see?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:13 pm

(sure)
I stop "yes I do. but wouldn't it still be more expensive? and you have such a nice flat with such a big room. I don't want you to leave this wonderful place to please a stupid dork"
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Rene: "Not that expensive, if we split the expenses, equally. Like I'm paying 300 a month now, for this whole place, including the laundry shed, and that was before you moved in. A two bedroom apartment runs about 500 a month, with all the same amenities as this one, just two extra room. If we split the costs, we'd each be paying 250 a month. So working together, we'd each be paying less than what I'd be paying by myself, here. 250 < 300. Get it?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:12 pm

"but would you have a room as comfy as this? we can, okay, but don't do it for me. especially not after what I did to you."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Rene: "Why not?"
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:33 pm

"because you are already doing so much for me, just by being alive."
Kronus
Kronus
Dauntless Player
Dauntless Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gcar90 Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Rene:  Brings my knees up to my chest.  "Hasn't felt like that lately.  Lately, it felt like the only thing on your mind was your feud with Mr. Note.  You had to be right, and anyone that disagreed with you was wrong.  Like an Absolute.  Rene is right, everyone else is a bully and wrong.  Even me."  Some tears start streaming down my face and I wipe them away.  "Stupid me.  Bringing that whole mess up again.  Maybe I should be the one to sleep in the bathroom."
gcar90
gcar90
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum